2020, we’ve witnessed the enormous destruction of physical retail around the world. A fast shift toward eCommerce Sales because of social distancing and quarantine measures. It forced consumers toward online shopping as the weekly eCommerce Sales boosted 61% in May 2020, just after a week of quarantine. Unfortunately, the industry gets much more competitive than it already has. If you’re looking for tips to Increased eCommerce Sales during COVID-19, then this one is for you.
- eCommerce Sales during Pandemic: In the first quarter of 2020, consumers spent $146.47 billion on online purchases. The number increased by 14.5% from $127.89 billion for the same period in 2019.
- Customer shifting behaviors: At this point, Shopify retailers have probably seen a notable difference in eCommerce Sales and consumer spending. The fashion category decreased from half in mid-March to April 2020 than in the same period in 2019.
- Top 3 products increased in sales: Entertainment, Stationery & Hobbies, and Food & Beverage.
- Top 3 products decreased in sales: Automotive & Industrial, Home appliances, and Fashion.
- eCommerce Marketing gets much more competitive: eCommerce retailers or even physical shop owners forced to focus more on online shopping. The competition among businesses to catch consumers’ attention is getting intense.
These could either good or bad news to Shopify retailers and online shop owners. Let’s review some of the best strategies to help Increased eCommerce Sales during COVID-19.
Survival Strategies: Stay connected with your customers
It’s high time for marketing to take part in the business.
Let’s face it. COVID-19 affects us all. Consumers feel sympathy with brands that care for their community. There’re many ways to show your gratefulness toward loyal clients and updating new information about your store to them.
We highly recommend a proper email marketing strategy during the quarantine period.
What are Email Marketing capabilities?
- Creating personalized content
- Increased eCommerce Sales
- Communicating with customers
- Run Marketing Campaign
- Generating traffic to your online store
- Built contact list in the meantime
Email Marketing allows you to send personalized messages to targeted audiences. A killer content would drive more traffic and give you more chance to convert it to eCommerce Sales. So how can you produce “killer content”?
Good email content needs to be relevant and relatable. It makes the audiences click at first glimpse. What topics do majorities care about during the COVID-19 Pandemic? Let’s find out in eCommerce Content Marketing: Best Practices
Increased eCommerce Sales during COVID-19
1) Offer free shipping
Offer free shipping in this period gives buyers greater comfort and makes way for their next orders. As free shipping offers, it’s highly crucial to let your customers know about it.
- Email Marketing
- Social Media
Make sure all of your dear customers know about your generosity. The higher the reach, the higher the eCommerce Sales.
2) Boost eCommerce Sales using Upsell and Cross-sell
Upselling drives the average of eCommerce Sales by over 4%. While Cross-selling proves to increase revenue by 20%. Customer satisfaction higher when the recommended products meet their needs even though they may need to pay a bit more for it.
3) Give the customers your full support
The truth is customers don’t spend enough time to research their desired goods. They have a high chance of ending up with an unsatisfied product since no salesperson giving them advice. Because of the quarantine measures, many who are unfamiliar with online shopping start practicing it.
“We’re distancing, but we’re connected.”Autoketing Team
Actively connect and respond to your customer. Even though it can’t convert to eCommerce Sales at the moment, they could be your potential customers shortly.
- Facebook Chat Box
- Social Media
Last but not least, a discount campaign surely is the most attractive method to Increase eCommerce Sales during COVID-19. It’s also the golden time to give special discounts to your loyal customers. You can either offer discounts or additional points for their next purchase.
During the Pandemic, you need to be realistic about your expectations of eCommerce Sales. Depending on your categories, it could not go well as you expect. However, be proactive and stay positive are two qualities online retailers need to go through the dark hours.
Even though the sales growth does not satisfy you, you can still build a strong foundation for the business by strengthening your connection with customers via marketing or discounts.
Finally, we would like you to know that our team is always ready to help. If you’re looking for support, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
For more articles, find us here
Facebook Fanpage: Autoketing