The email marketing is becoming the trend in marketing strategy. It is the low-cost but effective way to bring your brand close to your customers and boost the sales of your store on Shopify.
Here are the best practices of email marketing automation
Mind your “from” name and email
The name in the “from” field of the email is also important and it should be familiar to subscribers. Sometimes, it is your brand or company name. You can use the email address like “email@example.com”, “firstname.lastname@example.org” or “email@example.com”, instead of “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
Choose an effective subject line
The subject line can create the good impression to your customers and it is also the important element that determines whether your emails are opened or not. Use several subject lines and after a time, you’ll see what works and what doesn’t. After that, you can increase the effectiveness of your email automation campaigns by applying those learnings.
Here are some best practices for business:
- Avoid overused words such as “sale”. Many subscribers will ignore them.
- Personalize whenever possible. Use the name of customers in the subject line or preheader text. Sometimes, sending personalized offers based on user preferences is a good idea.
- Variety is the spice of life. Businesses should use the different subject lines.
- Keep it brief. An ideal email has 50 characters or less.
- Don’t go overboard with the promotion. Avoid all caps, exclamation marks, and hype. Be honest and straightforward when selling the benefits.
- Don’t mislead your audience. The subject lines should describe exactly the information.
- Include some sense of urgency if possible.
Use the preheader text
The preheader text is after the name and subject line. It should be impressive to maintain the excitement so that people open your email automation.
Keep it focused
Giving customers one main offer or CTA to keep the customer focus.
It’s important to optimize your emails for mobile devices because more than half of people open the email on smartphones. Enterprises should also maintain a positive and consistent experience.