Every year I think I will better prepare for Christmas. I will prepare gift packages, pine trees, typical dishes and decorate the house. Of course, my store is so full of preparation. My e-commerce site is well prepared with the best Shopify apps to increase sales too. Customer service is one of the critical issues that every store has to deal with successfully. It’s not a simple problem. Do you want to know my secrets? Read carefully the tips I listed below:
Check out the trends last year
The first step is to know what to expect. Log in to your help desk software (Zendesk, ServiceCloud, HelpScout, etc.) and check your sales over the last few months. Is it higher than most months? Or volume down? You may also see a change in the channel the customer uses to contact you. If email is more popular, you can think of turning off face-to-face chat and phone calls to reduce staffing. Moreover, ask your marketing department for sales forecasts or holiday sales. You can use the best live chat app shopify to interact with customers.
Address the schedule now
Based on the expected volume, minimum insurance planning. It’s better to arrange this early so people can make their travel plans and family. Be sure to clarify with your HR and local labor laws on required days and days when the office will be open. It’s never pleasant to work in a rush. Going ahead a mile for employees to schedule (or volunteer) to work will ensure that you always have enough staffs available when you need them.
Here are some ways to appreciate holiday workers:
- Work from home option. If you can, allow employees to take advantage of work at home. Especially if it’s terrible weather, it’s a great reward to be able to wear cozy pajamas, sip an egg or hot chocolate, and help customers in your comfortable home.
- Day off in lieu. Provide extra holidays during non-busy times.
- Half-days. It’s a lot easier to work half a day. Divide the day into smaller sections to allow team members to spend as much time with their family as possible.
- Overtime pay. Money is a great motivator. If anyone is looking for some extra cash, let them sign up for more shifts during the holidays.
- Holiday worker draw. For each shift, a member of the working group during the week, they will receive a different ballot for the sweepstakes. But it must be something great – maybe the iPhone? Or a trip? It’s up to you.
- Vacation rotation. If no one wants to make extra money or a holiday, start a holiday rotation to ensure you divide the number of extra days between teams. Even if you were stuck for Christmas, that meant you were guaranteed New Year holidays.
Don’t forget to attract customers on holidays with discount offers created by discount app on shopify
In sync with the rest of the company
Customer service does not live in a vacuum and it is no different in Holiday Rush. Check with other departments to see if they need any assistance during breaks. For example, if marketing is off, do you need to cover social media support for the week? Will the refund be paid if the finance team is on vacation? Ensuring that all of you on the same page will ensure nothing is overloaded.
Stay tuned for update more exciting posts on Autoketing blog.