13 Reasons Why Your Shopify Store Isn’t Great (Part 2)
August 28, 2020
0 minute read
Isn’t it odd when you invest so much time and money to your Shopify Store, but receive little outcome? In 13 Reasons Why Your Shopify Store Isn’t Great (Part 1), we discover 7 ways to Optimize Your Homepage. In Part 2, let learn How to build a productive Shopify Store.
Create A Productive Page
8. Pop Up – The King Of Sales
Popups are must-have for any Shopify Store. If you’re not having a Shopify Pop Up App or unsatisfied with the app you’re currently using, read 6 Best Shopify Popup Apps in 2020: Pros and Cons.
The hardest part of using Popups is setting.
Note down these 5-tips to create an appealing Popups that wow your customers.
- Apply only one Popup. More than one will annoy your visitors.
- Time your Popup perfectly. You want customers to wander for a bit and start getting interested before giving them your offer.
- Show updated news on your Popup: a discount campaign, the free shipping offer, a seasonal marketing campaign for holidays, etc.
- Encourage customers to join your mailing list or follow your Shopify Store social media. To have a higher chance of success, you need to offer them something in return. A coupon code wheel turn, special offer or gift card is a good idea.
- Optimize your Popup. Make it classy and professional.
Pop Up push Call to Action if you use it the right way. Popups are powerful tools to boost sales and conversion.
Sales Pop Master – Countdown by Autoketing combines all the desired features mentioned above.
Introducing Sales Pop Master – Countdown features:
- Best feature: Countdown Timer And Countdown Stock On Pop-ups
It creates an urgency to promote customer shopping. It is one of the most outstanding features of Sales Pop Master as social proof.
- Cart Boost Sales and Countdown Cart:
Show a popup of orders or products added to the cart on the cart page. It stimulates customers to pay quickly to increase sales for your store.
- Popup of Highlighted Products:
You get to choose 3-products to appear first when customers visit your Shopify Store.
- Pro sales box:
Highlight discounted items, best price, best deal, and best-selling products.
- Products added to the cart:
Show recent products that customers added to the cart.
- Show recent orders:
Popups will show recent orders that customers have purchased within 60 days ago. This type is suitable for stores that have many orders.
9- Social Proof – Conversion Optimization
Visitors are likely to become customers once they saw others love your brands and products. 61% of customers read online reviews before purchasing.
User reviews make your Shopify Store more appealing and engaging to visitors.
4 Types of Social Proof:
- Popularity: Social media pages reach more audiences and automatically grab more attention. If you want to go beyond a selling business on Shopify Store and build your brand, starting with a social media account to boost online reputation is a good idea.
- Public Praise: You can run a Marketing campaign. Encourage buyers to mention your Shopify Store. For example, with each Tweet that gives positive feedback, you can offer them a gift card, discount, or membership. Create brand hashtags and display it to your Social Media accounts.
- Proof of demand: Including information about your sales and customer satisfaction increases more demand for your products.
- Endorsements: You probably only start with Shopify Store and earn little from it. It would be too much to pay for Micro-Influencers to praise your brand or products. Take small steps. Do market research, and when the time is fit to boost sales on your product, you can start combining marketing strategies with Micro-Influencers.
Here 5-keys to getting customer reviews:
- Send emails to customers to ask for their feedback
- Ask for reviews on Shopify Store
- Make the feedback submission as simple as possible
- Encourage customers to leave a review on products
- Display the average score on the top of the product
10- Add Urgency
Let customers know that your products are limited and desirable. Creating the fear of missing out stimulates customers to act fast. Therefore, increase your Shopify Store’s conversion rate and sales.
Use Countdown Timer to show the time left to purchase the product as well as the Countdown Stock to display the number of items remaining on your stock. It works perfectly during Discount Campaign or Sales Boosting Strategies. Try not to overdo it.
11- Customer Service
The industry is becoming more and more competitive these days. The chances are customers surfing more than one Shopify Store to seeking for a suitable product. After visitors start to get interested, surprise them with outstanding customer service.
Customers ask for support and information whenever they need it. Once they get in touch, it means customers are likely to purchase the product. The blanch contact form on your Shopify Store is not enough. Your customers won’t even contact you if they find your Shopify Store is hard to reach. More importantly, they won’t sit and wait for hours for your reply. Don’t let them hang.
There are plenty of ways to give customers the assistance they need instantly.
Shopify Store that installs a Live Chat application has 6.3 times convert rate than stores that don’t.
Live Chat makes it easier for you to assist and seal the deals with customers. However, you can’t hang around 24/7. So note down these few tips:
- Automate what you can. Invite customers to Live Chat with chat greetings. Settings automatically answer for most frequently asked questions.
- Address the customer by their first name if possible.
- Be polite and careful. Even if customers decide not to take this order, your attitude could make way for the next one.
To Shopify Store Owners, if you don’t have a Live Chat application, install one now.
Facebook Chat Box – Live Chat by Autoketing is a free, fully optimized, and powerful tool to take your customer services to a higher level. Facebook Chat Box – Live Chat gets 4.6 star-rating on Shopify App Store. The praises match its capability.
Email Marketing proves to be the most effective yet low cost to increase conversion rate and boost sales.
Email Marketing 8 Benefits:
- Ability to targeted and personalized content
- Build credibility
- Build brand recognition
- Boost sales
- Strengthen customer relationships
- Optimize your time and budget on Marketing
- Easy to track your effort
- Increase traffic to your Shopify Store
Learn how to get the benefit of Email Marketing in Shopify Retailers: Increased eCommerce Sales During COVID-19
12- Call To Action
Traffic is only an element of creating online business success. Traffic is nothing if you can’t convert it.
There are plenty of distractions on the Internet. They might be interested in your products, but just in a second, something pops out and steals their attention.
You need to be in charge and guild customers what they need to do next. Tell them to act fast. It’s Call to Action (CTA).
- Make the most of Sales Pop Up, Countdown Timer, or Countdown Stock.
- Use persuasive and compelling language.
- Use verbs instead of nouns. For example, “Buy now” or “Get it now”.
- Increase conversion with offers and extra information. For example, “Free-shipping in 2 days”.
- Use eye-catching themes and graphics.
Leverage urgency by using Sales Pop Up or Discount Master.
13- Include Product Recommendations, Bundles, Upsells, And Cross-sells
Promoting other relevant products at a reasonable price can entice customers to buy more. Of course, make sure your bundles are complementary.
Do some research and detect what products are logical for bundles, upsells, and cross-sells. Don’t rush and tie a bunch of unsuitable items together. It will make your Shopify Store a mess.
If your Shopify Store sells many goods, and you want to increase sales, let an Upsell Cross-Sell Smart Tool automatically work for you.
Make it easy for visitors to buy more by grouping similar items, creating bundles with special pricing. The offer needs to be mapping and reasonable. If you’re confused about what to do, leave it to the professional.
Since you’re a Shopify Store owner, you probably read tons of articles about how to optimize your store. The truth is there is no method fit to apply for all.
First of all, instead of blindly applying what got recommended, keep customers’ experience and satisfaction as the priority.
Secondly, be patient. Your Shopify Store needs time to correct. When you’re installing new tools, don’t forget to A/B Test the new interface to experiment with users’ experience.
If you’re stuck and don’t know what applications should be considered to you Shopify Store, check for the reference resource Shopify App Store
Last but not least, keep in mind that the Autoketing Team is always ready to support you. Autoketing is constantly looking for new updates and the best solution for online business on Shopify Store.
If you need any assistance or questions, please do not hesitate to reach out. We’re always there to help.
For more articles, find us here.
Email: [email protected]